The Software Quality Assurance Tester will help by validating that the systems meet design specifications and requirements. Reviewing and taking a lead on RAVN’s current test strategy is an important aspect of the role. Working as part of our current testing team, test planning, management and coordination require excellent organisational, management and communication skills. While there is a need for both manual and automated testing, candidates who can encourage and help push a greater focus on automated testing will have an advantage.
This position requires working as a key member of the RAVN technical team working alongside the development and professional services teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables. ● Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plans.
● Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
● Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
● Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
● Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
● Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
● Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
● Document software defects in a clear and concise way
● Maintain existing software defect tickets adding all pertinent details
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Experience with the following is essential:
● BS or BA degree preferred
● 3+ years of relevant QA technical experience
● 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience
● Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases
● Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
● Liaison with development and management teams
● Experience in API testing, databases and web applications
● Experience in setting up testing frameworks from ground up
● Automated testing experience with Geb or Selenium WebDriver
● Experience with Jenkins CI
● Ability to use logic and reason to identify weaknesses in software applications
● Experience of testing and deploying on Linux and Windows-based test environments
Personal skills and abilities required include:
● Self-Motivated and Organised
● Proactive and Persistent
● Willingness to learn and self-improve ● Excellent communication skills