- RAVN (an iManage LLC company) is currently in an expansion phase and is seeking a Systems Administrator/DevOps engineer who is looking for an opportunity to build and expand their skill-set in a dynamic business environment. We can offer the successful candidate an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and already profitable software company in its exciting early stages of expansion.
- It is required that the candidate possess good communication skills with the ability to learn new skills rapidly and have a desire to work within a young and dynamic company. A passion for owning and solving problems and a willingness to learn on the job are key features of this role.
- Our offices are in the 'Silicon Roundabout' area in Shoreditch, central East London, close to Old Street Tube Station.
This position requires working as a key member of the RAVN technical team and incorporates both Systems Administration and DevOps tasks. Specific responsibilities include:
- Learning about RAVN’s technical infrastructure with the aim to becoming lead administrator of it over time
- Managing RAVN’s hardware assets, ranging from laptops in the office to data centre infrastructure
- Working with the development team with a view to making their day-to-day work more efficient
- Working with the company at large to drive through improvements of the technical infrastructure as RAVN grows
- A passion to learn and improve within the company and share knowledge with colleagues
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
For this position, we are considering candidates who are comfortable operating in a Linux-based environment from the start. We will consider candidates already working in this field but will also take into account graduates with some work experience who can show they have a passion for a systems administration role.
Experience with the following is essential:
- Creating and managing virtualised environments
- Windows and Linux administration * Some familiarity with systems ranging from source control (Git) to continuous integration (Jenkins) to bug/feature-reporting systems (JetBrains YouTrack) and file sharing applications
- Managing and enforcing security protocols
Personal skills and abilities required include:
- Willingness to learn and self-improve
- Good communication skills
Salary & Benefits
We offer a highly attractive package that includes a salary that reflects the high calibre of the people that we employ.